Let's talk about Law School because we are seriously DONE!!

Aaron stayed at a hotel downtown Houston last week for three nights to take his Bar Exam.

Staying at the hotel meant, no distractions, no commute... it was just going to be easier that way.
(apparently Ryan and I are considered "distractions"... HA)

Those were 3 of the longest nights of my life without him!

7:25 PM on Thursday, July 31st, 2014 was the happiest moment!
I thought Law School graduation was happy...


Aaron finished the Bar exam and met us for a celebratory dinner at Brio.
Not only did he finish his test,
but it was our 4 year Anniversary.

Talk about the BEST Anniversary gift ever.
Not having to share my husband with Law School any longer.
It was a dream.





Okay... Law School.

Serious Love/ hate relationship that went on these last 3 years.

Besides getting my own personal "Judge Judy" in the house, I learned some really good lessons from you and here are just a few.

#1. I learned I could never EVER... ever, be a lawyer.
I don't think I would last an hour in law school,
and if by some chance I did, I think I would be the worst attorney EVER.

#2. Patience is key.
Those late nights and the books brought into bed to study made me want to punch a wall
(ok I'm not that aggressive)
 but I did learn a whole new kind of patience.

#3. You make me smarter.
Now every time a show or movie has some type of law case, or trial,
my husband sits there and dissects the whole thing  telling me who is in fault for what, what their penalty is, etc.

I act like I understand what he is saying with his big words
but in all reality,
I have no idea what the heck he is talking about.

So then I tell him to explain it to me like you are telling a 12 year old about the law,
and he does and I learn a lot about Criminal Procedure.


I have a new found appreciation for lawyers, doctors, dentists, (whatever your reason of grad school is),
and their wives and families.

Law School/ Bar Exam...
These past 4 days have been heavenly without you!
Good thing you are worth it, I now changed my husband's contact in my phone to "Attorney Powell" HA.

Here's to the real world and students no longer!

And to my husband.. I'm so proud of you.
So lucky to be your wife.

Karina Marie Powell

17 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Congratulations to Attorney Powell and to you both on your anniversary! I'm sure he feels like he couldn't have done it without you and Ryan, celebrate the success together!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to both of you! I have heard how consuming it is so cheers to no more school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! Side note, what hair gel do you use for Little Ryan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley, I use his baby lotion! Partly because it makes his hair smell good! Ha but It works! I just put a little in my fingers and stroke through his hair. Who knows if you are supposed to put that stuff in hair but it works! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Congrats that it's over with! Seriously law school was quite the journey. I should have given my husband a medal after I was finished. Not to mention, I was heck to deal with while i was studying for the bar. Hope you celebrated big time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! My husband just finished grad school too! happiest.day.ever! Enjoy free nights and weekends :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH congrats to your hubby! Happiest day ever is right. You better be celebrating!

      Delete
  6. Oh, how I can relate to going through school with my husband and then having school ALL done! Every bit. Congratulations!!! Best feeling in the world! (And that first real paycheck is even better! Haha) Really so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I read your blog I think about my best friend who literally went through exact same thing!! So happy for y'all - such a huge accomplishment as a family!! Woohoo for being done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you! I know you don't know what to do with yourself. I always hate when Kevin is away for work! Congratulations to your hubby :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. yayyyy!!! congrats to your hubs, so happy that he is DONE!

    my husband is a sgt. with the police dept, and currently in a masters program specifically for law enforcement where he has to travel about 3 hours away and stay at a hotel for a week at a time (each class is one very intense week long) and we miss him SO much while he is gone, so i understand completely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOHOO!!! Congrats to your hubby! And Ry is precious as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to hunk sr! Your family is so sweet!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you don't give yourself enough credit, I'll bet you could totally do law/grad school!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooh man i bet that feels fantastic. my husband still has 1 1/2 of his UNDERGRAD left in Engineering and then he wants to get a masters as well. (luckily he can work while he gets his masters...hopefully). but i feel like school is NEVER ENDING!!! and don't worry....engineering is literally everywhere....so any time we pass something that has moving parts he explains the physics of it...and i have no idea what he's talking about....ever. haha. it's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, WE deserve a degree after that experience, am I right?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh I can relate to everything you said in this post!!! Congratulations to you and your hubby!! I had to keep telling myself it would all be worth it in the end. :o)

    ReplyDelete